No longer the poorer of House Mallister's vassals, the lands of House Groves are located southwest of Terrick's Roost along the inland Cape.
The story goes that House Groves and its seat at Kingsgrove were founded during the Age of Heroes when a king of the Riverlands took shelter in a grove of trees. Supposedly this grove is the same one that still stands near Braeburn House.
House Groves was not always a poor house, but a series of unfortunate decisions have led to a gradual decline. They made the mistake of siding with the pretender during the Blackfyre rebellion, and had their keep torn down and their treasury depleted in punishment.
Perhaps seeking to avoid making the same mistake twice, they refused to join the Riverlands host in support of Robert Baratheon's rebellion. Fighting for the incumbent Targaryens, they were again on the losing side. Like many loyalist families, they bent knee to new king Robert and received a pardon, but had several parcels of land stripped by Jason Mallister in consequence for their actions.
— Lady Adelina Groves (Staford/Kerrigan's Sister - age 19)
— Lady Hallianne Groves (Nikolus' Sister - age 15/16)
— Innkeeper at Peaceful Rest Inn
— House Retainers
- Lord Ser Campbell Groves - Knight of Kingsgrove, head of House Groves. (NPC)
- Lady Ada Grafton - Campbell's wife, Lady of Kingsgrove. (NPC)
- Ser Stafford Groves - Their eldest son and heir.
- Lady Aeliana Groves - Lord Stafford's Wife.
- Ser Kittridge Groves - Their son. Inactive
- Ser Nicodemus Groves - Kit's fraternal twin, an exile. Inactive
- Ser Kerrigan Groves - Youngest son. Sheriff of Kingsgrove.
- Ser Erman Groves - Campbell's Uncle
- Lady Rosanna Groves - Youngest daughter of Campbell and Ada. Inactive
- Lord Nikolus Groves - Kolton's son, Campbell's nephew.
- Ser Danyel Groves- Kolton's son, Campbell's nephew.
- Lady Dyonne Groves - Kolton's daughter, Campbell's niece.
- Ser Hartigan Groves - Kolton's son, Campbell's nephew.
- Lady Sylvainne Groves - Campbell's sister, former wife of Lord Ser Rickart Nayland, their marriage was annulled in 257 after she failed to give birth to a son. (NPC)
- Lady Rebecca Nayland - A Groves in all but name, the daughter of Lord Ser Rickart and Lady Sylvainne.